I. Enrollment Programs and Categories
1. Enrollment Program: Chinese University Admissions Program (Category B).
2. Enrollment categories: full-time master and doctoral students.
II. Eligibility requirements
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, complying with Chinese laws and regulations and school rules.
2. Educational background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under age 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under age 40.
III. Time Period of Scholarship
1. Master degree students: 2-3 years for major studies, and Remedial Chinese Language Studies can be applied for 1 school year.
2. Doctoral degree students: 3-4 years for major studies, and Remedial Chinese Language Studies can be applied for 1 school year.
Ⅳ. The Scholarship includes:
1. Exemption from registration fee and tuition.
2. Accommodation on campus is provided. Master degree students will be provided with double bedroom and doctoral degree students will be provided with single bedroom.
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master degree students: CNY 3,000/per month
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500/per month
4.Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International students in China.
V. Application time and major section
1. Application Time: applicants should register online between March 1st, 2020 and April 15th, 2020, and then send the hard copies of the application materials to the school no later than April 18, 2020.
2. Major selection:
1. Majors in doctoral degree of Inner Mongolia University (Please check the attachment)
2. Majors in master’s degree of Inner Mongolia University (Please check the attachment)
The applicants must accurately upload and provide the following materials (please send hard copies of all application documents).
1.“Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” Applicants must fill in and submit the registration information online through the "Study Online Application System for Studying in China" of the National Scholarship Council of China. After submitting the information, print the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form" automatically generated by the system.
2.Certificate for the highest degree (Stamped with the official seal of the school education department). Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. If applicants are college students, they shall also provide proof of study and transcript. (Those who are enrolled must bring the graduation certificate, diploma, and the original transcript of record on the day of registration so that further verification can be smoothly conducted. If fraud is found, the admission qualification shall be cancelled).
3.Transcript of record (Stamped with the official seal of the school education department). Transcript record other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4.A study or research proposal in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5.Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or in English from professors or associate professors. (The name, professional title, place of work, contact number of the referrers should be labeled at bottom left and their signature should be signed at bottom right).
6.Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (please fill out in English and keep your original form; this form is provided by Chinese quarantine authority and can be downloaded from the website of The China Scholarship Council). (Please make sure to choose a national or municipal public hospital for physical examination). The medical examination must cover all items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The results of medical examination are valid for 6 months. (Please bring the original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test report when you come to China).
7.Photocopy of your passport (Period of validity is no shorter than December, 2021)
8.ID Photo (Upload and summit it to Chinese Government Scholarship Information System/ Website: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn).
9. Language Ability Certificate (Applicants who have passed HSK or HSKK, please provide the copy of your report card).
10.Published Articles or Works (Applicants who have published any academic papers or monograph please provide the copies).
11. Other Supporting Materials (Related certificates, honors, received training or special talents)
12.Applicants for music and art majors are requested to submit their work CD-ROM; Arts students’ work CD must include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
13.Applicants under age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guaranties in China.
14.Choose the major categories according to the “Major Categories of Doctoral Degree in Inner Mongolia University” and “Major Categories of Master Degree in Inner Mongolia University”.
Note: The above application materials must be uploaded and submitted in the Chinese Government Scholarship Study Abroad Management System within the prescribed time. The paper materials must be bound into a booklet in the upper left corner in the above order (in duplicate) and must be sent to Inner Mongolia University within the prescribed time.
Ⅶ. Application Procedure
1.Please log in the website http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cnfor online registration. (Mozilla Firefox or IE 11 browser is recommended. If you use IE browser please cancel the compatibility view mode first.)
2.Please log in the system with your user name and password after your registration for official online application. After logging in, please click the application menu on top left corner and choose application type: B (Chinese Government Scholarship University Independent Enrollment Program), Agency number:10126 (Inner Mongolia University), and click the save button at bottom right.
3.Please fill in the forms on the left of registration page, complete all the information and upload the supplementary materials. Please refer to the attachment when selecting for application major and please make sure the correctness, authenticity of your information. If you have any doubts about major or discipline category, please click the “help” menu and download “major translation form”. Please click the submit button after filling in all the information.
4.Before the acceptance of your application, applicants can click “withdraw and revise” button to modify your application information. After withdrawing your online application, applicants should resubmit the edited information, or else your application will not be accepted. Once your online application is accepted, applicants can not withdraw the application.
5.After the online application, please click “print the application” and download system would automatically produce a“Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” and please print it out two copies.
6.Please send the “Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form” and related paper materials required in “application materials” to Inner Mongolia University within requested time. (International Express is recommended.)
Ⅷ. Admission and School Entrance
1. Application of Chinese Government Scholarship Program is free and we do not charge any fees. No other institute (foreign or domestic) is entrusted to recruit students for us. So, applicants must fill in and submit the application materials in person and mail the paper application materials to the International College of Education of Inner Mongolia University.
2. Our school will organize experts to review the applicant's application materials or conduct online interviews to select candidates for admission, and submit them to the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Education Department and the National Scholarship Council for review. Those who meet the requirements will be selected for admission.
3. The application of applicants whose conditions and application materials are not in accordance with our requirements will be regarded as invalid application and application materials will not be sent back both in case of admission and rejection.
4. If fraud is found in application materials, the scholarship qualification shall be cancelled.
5. For those admitted, we will send you admission letter and JW201 visa application form no later than
The middle of July 2020. For exact school entrance time, please refer to admission letter.
6. Those who admitted must bring your original copy of your passport, JW201form, admission letter,
Foreigner Physical Examination Form, your highest academic degree certificate and transcripts of record to apply for your visa at embassy.
7. Those who admitted must register on the requested day stated on admission letter, and those who
exceed the school entrance time over two weeks will be canceled their admission qualification.
IX. Postal Address and Contact:
Postal Address: International Students Office, Tower A,235 Daxue West Road, Saihan District, Hohhot, International College of Education, Inner Mongolia University, Inner Mongolia, P.R. China
Contact Persons: International Student Affairs Office
Website of International College of Education IMU:
Website of China Scholarship Council: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
IMU International College of Education
March 1st, 2020